Welcome to TLC Support Inc.
For the past 40 years TLC has been supporting and serving the local community in the Maroondah & Knox Regions. We have had countless people enter our doors throughout the week looking for support in various ways. We have been able to assist people due to the network of volunteers and partnerships that have been formed locally. This year we are looking for people to partner with us to continue this work.
What We Do
TLC Support Inc. was formed in 2013 to bring together into a single organisation a number of related organisations and activities in order to provide direct benevolent relief to a range of people in the local community, especially to:
(a) young people at risk and their families;
(b) people facing financial hardship and chronic unemployment;
(c) people with disabilities;
(d) people experiencing physical and mental illness; and
(e) refugees and asylum seekers;
(f) people at risk of homelessness;
(g) people facing food insecurity.
TLC Support’s Breakfast Club at Bayswater Secondary College on Friday mornings has been supported by a grant from the Knox City Council’s Minor Grants Program.
The TLC Support Foodbank is supported by Maroondah City Council. (MCC) through their Community Development Grants Program.
Heathmont Community Bank®
Our local Community Bank branch is a great supporter of our Fresh Youth Theatre through the bank's grants program.
TLC Support Incorporated is a public benevolent institution which provides direct benevolent relief to a range of people in the community.
For over 40 years TLC has been supporting and serving the local community in the Maroondah & Knox Regions. We offer a range of social and support programs that serve a wide variety of alienated and disengaged community members including:
• Food Bank (operating for over 10 years with little financial support).
• Fresh Youth Theatre (raising self esteem in disadvantaged young people through the Arts).
• YaFT: Youth and Family Therapy (YaFT) which provides Bush Therapy, Sailing programs as well as family counseling support for at risk young people.
• Breakfast Club on Friday morning at Bayswater Secondary College.
• The Brink (a social support program for isolated and older people – running now for over 25 years).
• Winter Shelter provides a safe place to sleep and meals for homeless men.
• Support for local Refugees (Tutoring, conversational English, community garden, Learning Together, mentoring, advocacy).
TLC Support Inc is a registered Charity with Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status.
TLC Support Inc ABN: 32 366 900 479